Jellybean’s 2nd birthday is fast approaching, not to mention the holidays, and the brainstorming of gift ideas has officially begun. When it comes to buying presents I often feel like I don’t have enough options OR I’m totally at a loss as to what to buy. Trying to decide on the perfect second birthday gift has actually made me think a lot about the things Jellybean has really loved over the past year. Some of them we bought for her, others were gifts and a few we just enjoyed using at a friend’s house.
So if you, like me, sometimes draw a blank here are some of my favorite gift for a toddle who’s 1 to 2 years old …
- Corn Popper // I will admit this toy can be a tad bit annoying. The constant popping noise might be annoying to us ‘adults’, however the kiddos love it!
- Magnetic Drawing Board // Perfect for a toddler who loves to color or one who’s just starting to build those motor skills. Jellybean found this gift particularly entertaining when we were on vacation and on those morning’s when I’m running late and she has to sit in the bathroom while I shower.
- Radio Flyer Scoot-About Bike // I wish we had known about this bike earlier. It’s great for scooting around the apartment and outside the little toddler bike posse is pretty darn adorable.
- Little People // Perfect for learning to play pretend or you know just chuck the different farm animals around. Haha. Oh the life of a toddler!
- Take-Along Shape Sorter // Great learning toy for colors, shapes and fine motor skills. Also the perfect size to fit in the diaper or carry-on bag when traveling.
- My First Chair // This is probably in the top 5 favorite things Jellybean loves, and I’m a huge fan as well. She loves to sit in her chair for snacks, tv, playing with a toy and often sets up all her ‘babies’ for tea or story time.
- MegaBlocks // Great for building, stacking, counting and identifying colors.
- Laugh & Learn Tea Set // Love the songs on the tea pot and it’s pretty adorable when Jellybean asks if I would like some “mor’ tea”.
- Chat & Count Cell Phone // This toy is great when you are on the go. It fits in a purse or pocket. It’s my go to toy for trips to the store, doctors and trips, especially, on the airplane!
- Jumbo Triangular Crayons // My daughter is not gentle with her toys and these crayons have held up really well over the months. While Jellybean didn’t love coloring at 12 months, by the time she was 18 months it was one of her favorite post-nap activities.
So there you have it, our favorite gift ideas for a 1-2 year old. And, seriously with all the toy choices out there toddlerhood is pretty darn fun on a birthday or holiday!
What are you favorite gifts for toddlers?
haha we bought quite a few of these for my daughter on her 1st birthday – the phone, tea set and shape sorter and Blocks! The most loved is the tea set – had so much play. I wish I was a toddler!! Great list and thanks for sharing with #bestandworst xxx
Lovely gift ideas. My boy loves those blocks!! #bestandworst xx